Dr. Adil Baguirov
Dr. Adil Baguirov is the co-founder and managing director of the U.S. Azeris Network (USAN) and the U.S. Turkic Network (USTN), as well as the co-founder and member of the Board of Directors of the Karabakh Foundation. He is a post-doctoral fellow in political science and energy security studies at the MGIMO University's Institute of Energy Policy and Diplomacy, and holds degrees in International Relations and Business Administration from the University of Southern California (1999), and a Ph.D. in Political Science from the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (2002). Dr. Baguirov has fifteen years of experience working in the energy, technology and real estate industries.
Dr. Baguirov held numerous speaking engagements on various political and economic developments in the Caspian area and FSU at the RAND Corporation, Heritage Foundation, Central Asia-Caucasus Institute of Johns Hopkins University, was the co-chair at the energy security panel at the Riga NATO Summit's Young Leaders Forum, "Caucasus in 20 years" forum at the French Senate, and a Guest Lecturer at several institutions of higher learning in the United States, Russia and Azerbaijan. He is an author of three monographs, thirty journal articles and close to a hundred newspaper articles on the subjects of technology, energy, security, history and politics of Azerbaijan, Caucasus and the Turkic world. Dr. Baguirov is a recipient of state award - the medal "Taraqqi" ("Progress"), as well as numerous recognition awards from international organizations such as TURKSOY.
Partial List of Publications
- Baguirov, Adil. Climate change or climate for changes? Russia in Global Affairs, Vol. 8, â„– 1, Jan-Feb 2010, pp. 154-163
- Baguirov, A., Safonov, G. Energy security and climate: global challenges for Russia. Moscow: Ðœoscow State University TEIS Publishing, 2010
- Baguirov, Adil. NAGORNO-KARABAKH PROBLEM AND SOLUTION: ROLE FOR TURKEY. Hurriyet Daily News (English), Nov 30 2009. www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=nagorno-karabakh-problem-and-solution-role-for-turkey-2009-11-26
- Baguirov, Adil. Turkey-Armenia: Too steep for "zero-problems with neighbors" theory. Hurriyet Daily News (English), October 25, 2009, www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=turkey-armenia-problem-8211-too-steep-for-the-8220zero-problems-with-neighbors8221-theory-2009-10-24
- Baguirov, Adil. For True Caucasus Stability and Cooperation Turkey Must Remain on Course. Turkish Daily News (English), August 26, 2008, http://turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=113639
- Baguirov, Adil and Strakes, Jason. "Former Soviet Union Republics" in: "International security and the United States: an encyclopedia", Karl DeRouen Jr. of the University of Alabama and Paul Bellamy (eds.), Vol. 1, Praeger Security International and Greenwood Publishing Group, 2008. http://books.google.com/books?id=2DKJZbHxHDEC&pg=PA266&lpg=PA266&dq=
- Baguirov, Adil. Nagorno-Karabakh: basis and reality of Soviet-era legal and economic claims used to justify the Armenia-Azerbaijan war. Caucasian Review of International Affairs, Vol. 2 (1) - Winter 2008, http://cria-online.org/j2_3.php
- Global energy security: contemporary challenges and the role of Russia. Moscow: Ðœoscow State University TEIS publishing, 2008
- Communications. MIDDLE EAST JOURNAL, VOLUME 59, NO. 2, Middle East Institute: Washington DC, SPRING 2005, www.jstor.org/stable/4330149